Contest rules and guides:
Welcome to SWE Photography contest! We are happy to have you here!
Please keep in mind this is SWE Photography contest and follow these simple rules:
1) Only one (1) photo per person per week. Please, no albums. Post a single photo.
2) Only Weather photos. Do not post weather models or meteo data. Fresh or archive photos are allowed. Either severe weather or an interesting weather phenomenon. Atmospheric optics, noctilucent clouds, meteors, eclipses are also welcome. Landscape photos or holiday snapshots are not allowed – such posts will be deleted immediately.
3) Enter the contest by posting your own photo into the SWE Photography Contest group. Shares into the group will be deleted. Provide your social media page link / tag in the photo description.
4) This is a photography contest only, so videos or animations will not be accepted.
5) Submit only photos of which you are the author. Fake or stolen images will be deleted and your name will be banned from the contest permanently.
6) The photo contest is run on a weekly basis, from Monday 00 UTC to next Monday 00 UTC.
7) The winning photo on a weekly basis is the one with the highest number of likes (points) received by followers of the page. The photo which scores most likes is the winner.
8) The points of each week will be collected at least 72 hours after the specific weekly contest. This will allow likes to collect through these days. A post with TOP 10 winners will be posted on Severe Weather Europe website.
9) At the end of each month, all points (likes) from the past weeks will be calculated and a post of TOP 30 photographers will be published.
10) Besides each photo selected in the TOP 10 photos, the real name of the photographer will be published as well as a link to the photographer’s website or social media page. Please provide your website / social media profile(s) with the photo entered.
11) Posts not meeting criteria will be deleted immediately. Repeating behavior will earn you a permanent ban from the contest.
Note: By posting to the group you also give SWE administrators the permission to post your photos to the main SWE Facebook Page for promotional purposes.
The SWE Photo Contest is just for fun, for collecting weather photos across Europe and worldwide and especially for photographers’ promotion.
Thank you for understanding – enjoy the contest!