- Pressure changes in the North Atlantic start a strong ocean warming event, with known historical impacts for the weather seasons ahead
- Geldingadalur volcano eruption in Iceland continues, now with spectacular lava fountains more than 400 m up in the sky!
- Early-season severe weather with a tail-end supercell storm blasted across the North Adriatic region – May 7th, 2021
- Eta Aquariid meteor shower peaks this first week of May. Here is how to see and photograph it
- Summer 2021 weather: Early forecast shows a stronger monsoon in the United States, while western Europe will likely face drought conditions