Contest participation guides and Rules
SWE Photography Contest Rules – please read before posting!
The Contest is available here: SWE Photography Contest Facebook group
1) Only one (1) photo per person per week. Please, no albums. Post a single photo.
2) Only Weather photos. Fresh or archive photos are allowed. Either severe weather or an interesting weather phenomenon (e.g. atmospheric optics, noctilucent clouds, …). Exceptional celestial phenomena photos, such as meteors/meteor showers, Solar and Lunar eclipses are also welcome. Landscape photos, holiday snapshots, sunsets, etc – are not permitted. No weather models or meteorological data.
3) Enter the contest by posting your photo into the SWE Photography Contest group. Provide a description of the content and include a date when the photo was taken. Shares into the group will not enter the contest and will be deleted. Provide your social media page link / tag in the photo description (y)
4) This is a photography contest only, so videos or animations will not be accepted.
5) Only your own photos are allowed. Submit only photos of which you are the author. Fake or stolen images will be deleted and your name will be banned from the contest permanently.
6) The photo contest is run on a weekly basis, from Monday 00 UTC to next Monday at 00 UTC.
7) The winning photo on a weekly basis is the one with the highest number of likes received by followers of the page. The photo which scores most likes is the winner.
8) The winner of each week will be posted 72 hours after the specific weekly contest, so on Wednesday each week; this will allow likes to collect through these days. A post with TOP 10 winners will be posted to our SWE Photo Contest wall, on Severe Weather Europe main FB page and website www.severe-weather.eu
9) At the end of each month, all points (likes) from the past weeks will be calculated and a post of TOP 30 photographers will be published.
10) Under each photo selected in the TOP 10 photos, the real name of the photographer will be published as well as the link to the photographer’s website or social media page. Please provide your website / social media profile(s) with the photo entered.
The SWE Photo Contest is just for fun and enjoyment of severe weather and general weather photography, for critiquing and improvement, for a friendly rivalry between photographers and for collecting and enjoying fine weather photos from across Europe and worldwide!
Note: By posting to the group you also give SWE administrators the permission to post your photos to the main SWE Facebook Page.
Join the SWE Photography Contest group on Facebook!