Heading to the sea for the summer holidays? Much of the Mediterranean is rather cool for this period. Let us check current water temperatures across the Mediterranean (July 2-4).
- Ligurian sea: is currently at 23-24 °C.
- Tyrrhenian sea: is more or less the same, with some areas going down to 22 °C, particularly along the coasts of Tuscany and Lazio, Italy. 23-24 °C along the coast elsewhere.
- Adriatic sea: mostly around 22-24 °C, except alomng most of the Croatian coast where temperatures are down to 21-23 °C (locally in the Kvarner bay even down to 19-20 °C). The extreme northern part is up to 25 °C.
- Ionian and central Mediterranean sea: is mostly around 22-24 °C.
- Aegean sea: is around 22-24 °C, up to 25 °C along eastern parts of the coast of Crete island.
- Western Mediterranean: is one of the warmest parts of the Mediterranean right now. Up to 25-26 °C between Mallorca, Ibiza and the central part of the eastern voast of Spain. Around 23-25 °C elsewhere, except for the extreme western part, where temperatures are only about 19-21 °C.
- Eastern Mediterranean: is the warmest part of the Mediterranean – temperatures from 28 °C to above 30 °C.
Maps: Meteociel.fr, Consorzio LaMMA.