Another extremely hot day with Tmax near 41-42 °C in France and Spain, low/mid 30s across England yesterday – July 23rd
The extremely intense and record-breaking heat wave continues across parts of western Europe. Afternoon temperatures again soared into low 40s yesterday, especially across France where more than 100 weather stations reported above +40 °C! Spain again peaked at near +41 °C too.
The highest temperatures over France peaked into an incredible 40-42 °C range in many regions – the station Montgivray reported +42.5 °C as the maximum of the day! Several station records were broken, including Chateauroux which hit +41.2 ° C shattering its old absolute 113 years old record! The previous record was +40.5 °C set of August 2nd, 1906 while the station has reliable and uninterrupted series since 1893! Let take a look at some of the remarkable and record-breaking values:
- +42.5 °C in Montgivray
- +42.3 °Cin Belin-Béliet
- +42.1 °C in Brive – Larache (absolute record)
- +41.9 °C in Saumur
- +41.9 °C in Grand Pressigny
- +41.6 °C in Daglan
- +41.1 °C in Angers (absolute record shattters the old record of +39.8 °C set on July 28th 1947)
- +41.1 °C in Amboise
- +40.9 °C in Bordeaux (absolute record)
- +40.6 °C in Vichy
- +40.5 °C in Romorantin
- +40.4 °C in Blois (absolute record shattters the old record of +39.5 °C set on Aug 10th 2003)
- +40.2 °C in Tours (absolute record shattters the old record of +39.8 °C set on Aug 10th 2003)
- +40.1 °C in Rennes Saint Jacques (absolute record shattters the old record of +39.5 °C set on Aug 5th 2003)
- +38.7 °C in Laval (absolute record)
- +37.4 °C in Limoges (absolute record)
- +36.5 °C in Havre (absolute record)
Maximum temperatures over France on Tuesday, July 23rd. Map: Infoclimat.
In the Iberian peninsula, the highest temperatures were recorded across NE and S Spain. Many stations exceeded +40 °C threshold with Lleida (Spain) being the highest with 41.2 °C.
Maximum temperatures over Iberian peninsula on Tuesday, July 23rd. Map: Meteociel.
The heat wave has also intensfied across the UK, especially England where peak afternoon temperatures climbed into low to mid 30s – Jersey airport reported 36.0 °C!
Maximum temperatures over UK on Tuesday, July 23rd. Map: Meteociel.
Top 15 METAR / SYNOP stations with the highest temperatures across Spain, France and United Kingdom yesterday, Tuesday, July 23rd:
Additional extremely hot days with even higher temperatures are expected today, tomorrow and also on Friday – the all-time record values could be shattered across BeNeLux tomorrow! See forecast details:
Very hot weather will also develop over England this week:
Stay tuned for additional updates through the coming days!