Sea surface temperature across the Mediterranean sea
Heading to the sea for the summer holidays? Let us check current water temperatures across the Mediterranean.
- Ligurian sea: is currently at ~23 °C.
- Tyrrhenian sea: is warmer and at around 23-25 °C. The water is cooler along the eastern coasts of Corsica and Sardinia and slightly warmer along the coast of southern Italy.
- Adriatic sea: around 23-24 °C, except alomng most of the Croatian coast where temperatures are down to 21-23 °C (locally in the Kvarner bay even down to 19 °C).
- Ionian and central Mediterranean sea: is around 23-25 °C.
- Aegean sea: is around 22-25 °C, cooler in the northern part and warmer int he southern part, up to 25 °C along parts of the coast of Crete and Rhodes islands.
- Western Mediterranean: is generally cool. The southern coast of France is at only about 17-20 °C. Significantly warmer between the central part of the eastern coast of Spain and the Balearic Islands, with 23-25 °C. Cooler waters further south along the southern coast of Spain, at 21-22 °C.